Are you in need of a Child Contract?
This is your “one-stop shop” for child behavior contracts. Our downloadable contracts eliminate the time, effort, and headaches that would otherwise be expended while creating your own from scratch. There’s no need to “re-invent the wheel”…our contracts cover a variety of common behavior issues and can be used effectively with children, teens, and even with adult children still living at home.
If you have a child that likes to push your buttons, test your limits, and/or ignore your rules, then a child contract might be just what you need.
What is a child contract?
A child contract is a highly-effective behavior management tool that discourages negative behavior and promotes positive behavior.
A child contract is simply an agreement between a child and his or her parent(s) which states the child’s specific behavioral expectations. A well-written contract also outlines the privileges and consequences that are doled out – based on the child’s ability to meet (or not meet) the expectations of that agreement. Each party signs his or her name at the bottom of the contract to acknowledge their understanding of it and their willingness to follow through with the terms of the agreement.
What are the benefits of using a child contract?
A well-written child contract has several benefits:
- It establishes firm limits and clear expectations for children
- It promotes consistent and structured behavior management
- It holds children accountable for their behavior
- It teaches valuable social skills and character traits
- It motivates children behave appropriately and to complete specific tasks
How do I go about getting a child contract for MY child?
Obviously, you can create your own child contract by sitting down at your computer (or with a pen and paper) and simply writing out the expectations you have of your child (along with the consequences that will be earned based on his or her behavior). It helps to be as specific as possible…for instance, “Be respectful to your brother by not arguing, teasing, or lashing out at him physically” is a lot better than “Don’t be mean to your brother.”
Creating a child contract on your own can be tedious and time-consuming. If you are interested in simplifying the process then another option is to purchase a pre-written behavior contract online. There are many sites that offer these types of contracts, saving you the time and effort that would otherwise be necessary to write your own.
Why purchase a pre-written contract online?
- Pre-written contracts save time, effort, and headaches!
- Pre-written contracts are more highly-detailed than what most parents would come up with on their own.
- Contracts can be downloaded and used immediately after purchase.
- Contract packages are highly affordable.
- Contract packages cover a variety of behavior issues
- Contracts can be used in combination with each other to address multiple issues.
If you are interested in purchasing a set of pre-written, downloadable behavior contracts, then you might want to check out these sites and choose the package that best fits your needs: